Monday, April 3, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday 4.3.2017

Happy Homemaker Monday 4.3.2017


Good Morning! April already? I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I am sorry I am so behind in blog comments and visiting you all. I did have a great weekend with my family nothing exciting, On Friday we unplugged and all sat around the kitchen table listening to music while drawing, reading, creating, etc. I love those days! When we are all just together hanging out, or out exploring the town. Bellas Auntie gave her money for her prom Dress so we did spend a few days shopping... and it left my head spinning. Thankful she finally found one.
On to HHM!


Linking up with Sandra for happy Homemaker Monday
https://familycorner.blogspot.com/2017/04/happy-homemaker-monday-04032017.html?showComment=1491227288973#c1408908122167602520

The Weather... A Cool 55 degrees; feels so nice. 

On my reading pile... Just finished See Me by Nicholas Sparks. now starting Where Hope Prevails by Janette Oke

Movies or shows I watched this weekend...I only watched a few bits of Ellen, and other than You Tube I mostly read. My family watched Diary Of A Wimpy Kid AGAIN I couldn't tell you which one but its one of my favorites because When the mom dances on stage my family always say "There's Mom" lol because that would totally be me supporting my son if he was in a band.

On the Menu...Still slacking it on the menu planning...I know I am such a Rebel! hee hee well I plan but I've been changing it around because my family have been requesting/craving different meals. So I will take it day by day this week. but so far...

Monday -Spaghetti with meat sauce, French Bread & Green Salad.
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday
Wednesday - Crock pot meal - 8 can soup
Thursday - ? hubby off
Friday - Fish, White Rice, Corn, Mashed Potatoes or Potato cakes.
Saturday - BBQ
Sunday- Leftovers or diner with whole family after Palm Sunday services.

On my to do List...All the things = Spring Cleaning.
make calls and rearrange some appointments. make  orthodontist appointment for my son-time for braces.

Happening this week...Hopefully a slow relaxing week puttering around and proofing the house.
Excited to be starting Ester in our Bible Study.

Looking around the house... Happy : )

From the Camera...
My Adam <3
He was so good while waiting for his big sister to try on so many prom dresses I had to take him for pizza at my favorite: Ardovinos
Daddy took him for walk around the  mall and he came back with new glasses : )
As my Dad would say: "Too Cool For School! "


What I am wearing today... Black capris and a black and white striped top.

One of my simple pleasures... books on audio, I rarely listen but I enjoy them whenever I get a chance.  I was happy to find the Nicholas Sparks book I was reading on you tube and was able to catch up on a couple chapters.

Bible verse or Devotional...
"In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."
Proverbs 3:6





11 comments:

  1. I can tell you that you watched the first Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie :) We have all the books and have seen the movies with the exception of his latest book. I should really look into getting that one for us. Hope you'll share a picture of your daughter's dress sometime. Sounds like you had a lot of great family time over the weekend. Hope you have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I sure will Jean, This year is going by so fast. the excitement of college is becoming to real for this momma. I think she's narrowed it down to two. Thanks for stopping by : )

      Delete
  2. Good Monday Morning!
    I am laughing so hard at The Wimpy Kid movie!!!
    I know that one, and my kids say the same thing about the mother dancing!!!
    Your son is a handsome young man, and I am sure he enjoyed his pizza date with you. : )
    Love the weeks of being home and just puttering around, don't you?
    Have a cozy week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A HA!!!! We Rock Friend! Exploding Diaper!!!! LMHO have a great week!

      Delete
  3. I love your posts, Row, you are so real! I'm still having a problem with comments going to email but I'm going to get some help with that this week. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janette Oke is one of my all-time favorite authors! Her books have such great characters and stories. I did a Bible study on Esther about 18 months ago - it was really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good looking boy you have!! Our menus are somewhat similar.. we had skett last night and doing Mexican tonight (burritos), and fish will be on Saturday! LOL Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your son sounds patient and supportive. "Taco Tuesday" is a great idea! My family would enjoy having that be a regular feature. Listening to books on audio is, indeed, a special treat. Have you ever heard of Jim Weiss? He has an AMAZING voice and records CDs for both children and adults. We have quite a few of his CDs because my daughters enjoyed listening to him read and tell stories when they were younger. Here's the link to his website: http://www.jimweiss.com/ .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hon! Still catching up this week due to Spring break with my Kiddos.
    I haven't seen any of the Diary of a Wimpy kid movies - but I know my kiddos have. My son especially loved and read all of those books when he was younger!

    So happy your daughter found a dress! So exciting. ;) My son is going too and I've helped him create a "promposal" for asking his girlfriend.
    They grow up too fast, don't they?
    Blessings on the rest of your week Sweetie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Row, this made me laugh because John LOVES the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movies! He just had one on the other day! So funny and I can relate big time!! : ) Your son is so handsome! What a trooper waiting during prom dress shopping! I'm sure he enjoyed that pizza afterwards! Can't wait to see the dress BTW! Thanks for sharing your weekend with us. It sounds lovely! Have a great week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. How on earth did April sneak up on us so fast?? I also love Nicholas sparks! I live in NC and the coastal towns are my favorite.. so its nice to read those and reminisce about family vacations! I have an entire label on my blog for the outer banks haha! Isn't a good son such a blessing? Especially one who loves his sister :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete