Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday 8.21.17

Happy Homemaker Monday 8.21.17
evening edition


Linking up with Sandra at Diary Of A Stay At Home Mom

Sorry I have been M.I.A. I miss you guys, I have tried to pop in to your blogs and so much has happened to my blogging friends, some good, some very sad, but all changes. I understand as It has been a busy and bittersweet time around here. been focused on Family time. So much has happened it would take me forever to try and put it all down so I'll just move on to HHM...

The Weather... cooling down and I love it!  today it was 68 degrees.

Right now I am... Relaxing in my P.J. typing this up before heading to bed.

Reading Pile... dust! as I have been re-reading some faves when I get a chance.

Movies or shows I've watched this weekend... I went to the movies with my boys on Saturday to see the new Guardians of the Galaxy and I liked it, mainly because of the music and this little guy...So Cute.  And how the heck does Kirk Russell still have so much hair?


On My T.V....

We've been enjoying Last man standing. Tim Allen is so funny.

On the menu this week...
M- BBQ Chicken, Brown Rice and Steamed Broccoli
T- Sloppy Joes 
W- C/P Meal
T- undecided
F- Pizza

On my to do list...Keep it together man! (missing my daughter)

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating...
 I've thought about pulling my sewing machine out, does that count. played in planner today, doodled and colored a bit.

Looking around the house... starting to get things ready for a yard sale/donations
From the camera... I've been trying to post on IG and FB not doing great but getting a few pics up here and there. But here are a couple main things that have happened...

My Baby Boy Started High School
and My Baby Girl Started College

I can hardly talk or write about it with out getting teary eyed It is so hard leaving your baby miles away from home. But she's doing Amazing.
We are so proud of both our kiddos.



What I wore today - green capris, green and white striped top.

One of my simple pleasures - Cleaning Videos on you tube. I have been catching up on Keep Calm and Clean - Love her. Check her out for yourself.  funny that Sandra mentioned homesteading videos I watch them to and tiny houses too I don't know what my obsession is with them I just like to watch.

Inspirational Quote, etc.
A prayer from todays devotional on Bible App.
(the plan is called: Moments with God for Moms)

Father, as I go about my day, show me how I can be wise with my time. You know my schedule. You know what I need to accomplish; help me make the most of this day that you have given me. I pray that I will accomplish what I need to and give myself grace on matters that have to be put on hold. I give you this day, Father. Do with it what you will.
Amen.



8 comments:

  1. Hello!
    Happy to see you here, my friend!
    And I am sending virtual hugs as your sweet girl starts the next chapter in her life.
    It is hard on a mamma's heart. I know.
    I hope you have a cozy evening, and that your son has a great start to the new school year.
    I am off to check out that YouTube channel! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend, I am an emotional wreck still but my daughter is doing great we text good morning and talk/pray every night with her. Its amazing to see her grow in such a short time. Please keep her in your prayers.

      Delete
  2. Aw, hang in there. That's a lot of milestones all at once. We still need to watch Guardians of the Galaxy 2 around here. I may have to look up some of these cleaning videos to see what is so appealing although I really do need to just actually clean. Hope you are in the middle of a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi jean, oh I hope you watch GOG2 I think its better than the first one. Have you watched any of the cleaning videos? Ill try to post one. for me they are motivating and I also like the tips and product reviews. Happy Monday.

      Delete
  3. First of all...
    I don't know what all's going on, but I'm sending you the biggest HUG I can!

    My daughter's in her second year of college. Technically she still lives at home, but she's also renting a room at a church lady's house in the next town so that she has a quieter place to study. She's also working a lot. I miss her already.

    You sent me scurrying to google what Kurt Russell looks like. You also sent me to YouTube to look up the cleaning video. Be blessed!

    Have a wonderful week,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura oh your comment about Kurt Russell made me laugh out loud. So what did ya think. Its so true that men grow better with age. You are so blessed to have your daughter close. This last weekend my heart ached big time only because all of her suite mates and most of the friends she has made all went home for the weekend : ( But she said she got a lot of studying done. and she did bible study on her own but next weekend she's going to church with her bible group. I'm relieved because its going to be a 3 day weekend. I will be linking a video on my HHM of one of my favorite cleaning channels along with my daughters dorm and her first week of school while at camp... walking on a tight rope! I'm still getting the hang of you tube so I don't know if comments are working. -newbie lol Hope you are having a great day.

      Delete
  4. Hi Row, sending hugs and thinking of you over the past few weeks!♥ I'm sure she's doing great!!! Thank you for your YouTube comments btw! I want to do more of them once I get myself settled. I'm going to check out the channel you recommended. Sounds awesome! Have a wonderful week, my friend! Get a nice big pumpkin spice coffee in the morning and enjoy it! xo ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danielle. I am waiting on Barnes and Noble to start selling the PSL but not until the first of Sept. whaaa. But ive been enjoying my pumpkin flavored creamer. I enjoyed watching your vides I do hope you do more. Let me know what you think of the cleaning videos. don't you just love you tube. have a great day.

      Delete