Monday, February 29, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday 2.29.2016


 Happy Homemaker Monday...
I woke up and got right to work and I almost forgot what day it was.


Weather...  72 degrees


Right now I am...  Sipping water, Taking a break till the dryer stops.


Around my house... One Word...LORD!


Thinking...  Isn't an empty laundry basket pretty? but How does laundry add up so fast?


On TV... Fuller House, Wall-E, the Oscars, DTV/GRITT


On the menu... Mostly Crock Pot meals as we will not be away from home every night this week.


On my to do list...
Laundry
Dishes
Sweep
Mop
Bathrooms
Vacuum
Organize/Condense
Donate items
Pick Paint color for kitchen. It is currently Red my favorite color but I need a change.


Looking forward to... Answered prayers


From the camera...


                                                           I adore Twinkle lights...

The below photo makes me smile, it reminds me of when she was little and would want to do everything I did, "mama I want Pac-up" (make-up), "mama I want wear dress shoes high (high heels) I had just took a picture of twinkle lights, I backed up, looked up from phone to see her taking the same picture, and all those little "mama I want to do it too" moments came flooding in. I just smiled at her knowing she would probably say something like Lame if she knew what I was thinking lol

We stopped into a little tea shop on the other side of town, I fell in love with this piece. I wish I could draw like that. I will be on the hunt for an old shutter like this one.

Look at those lights-Tea Pots! Gasp!

We played a game of backgammon while sipping our tea.

getting a photo of my boy is like pulling teeth.

I LOVE that my girl still wants to take selfies with us. A lady in the shop sighed, smiled and told me that's so cute and amazing that she asked her daddy to take a selfie. Bella had me cracking up we face-swapped some photos-so funny. how do kids know about all these apps so fast?

It was a great weekend spent around town. I was so busy having fun I forgot to take more photos.
We went to mall, had Burgers at Five Guys, Shopped at the fountains spent to much time in West Elm & J. Crew, checked out shops and record store at The Montecillo, had drinks at The Tea Spout, Watched movies, and the Oscars (YAY LEO! - It's about dang time)  We fit in as much as we could between my daughters weekend school functions for engineering, NHS, and her Studies. Unfortunately  my son woke up on Sunday feeling under the weather,  he slept a lot and we both missed Family Dinner at Grandmas but got to watch the Oscars together. Go Leo! it's about time.

Prayer list...
Family and dear friend who just lost her sister.

Bible Verse/Devotional
I saw the Lord always before me, for he is at my right hand that I may not be shaken.
Acts2: 25

Linking up with Sandra from Diary Of a stay At home Mom...

happyhomemakermonday




20 comments:

  1. Great plans for a great week. Enjoyed meeting you. Thanks for coming over and visiting with me. I loved your sweet comment. Have a Blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice meeting you. and Thank you for stopping by : )

      Delete
  2. Hi there, Row! Love your post...and yes, as far as my house...one word: LORD! lol.
    It's great to meet you, looking forward to getting to know you through the blog-verse!
    have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanna, nice to meet you. I love meeting new people her in blog land. So many great blogs so little time : ) Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and say hi!

      Delete
  3. My boys aren't very cooperative about having their pictures taken either. Hope your son is feeling better! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean, Hope your having a lovely day, My Adam is 13 and either hides or smiles just long enough to get it over with lol But sometimes I have no trouble- I love those days! He still has the sniffles but has testing at school so he insisted on going in. I guess I should be happy my kids insist on going to school-I know I sure didn't when I was that age.

      Delete
    2. And Thanks for stopping by Jean : )

      Delete
  4. What a GREAT weekend! Well, minus the under the weather son. I think it's the age. My oldest son is 17 and he doesn't like me to take photos of him or us either. Twinkle lights...but I much prefer the white ones to the colors. My husband and I were actually looking at ordering some battery-powered ones for our new-to-us camper. LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one that grabs a kid or friend or husband and goes to "somewhere" for a drink and game! I like to bring Cribbage or Skip-bo though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessy (love that name) It was a fun weekend, they go by so fast. I like both colored twinkle lights and always say this year im going with multi-colored but always stay with the clear/white ones- They just look so pretty! I Love campers and wish I had one. My family had one growing up and it was my play house. Oh how I loved playing in that camper! If I had one now I would make it all girlie- it would be my girl cave ha ha Thank you so much for stopping by. looking forward to reading more about you : )

      Delete
  5. Yay!!!! Sooo happy and excited you are blogging!
    Can't wait to visit you and share your days. : )
    Would it be alright if I linked to you and introduced you to my friends?
    Have a cozy day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!!! You are too sweet, I would be honored ❤️

      Delete
  6. So nice to make a new Blogland friend. ;)
    First thing I must ask is, what is this empty laundry basket you speak of? I've never seen one in captivity. Lol

    Love all of your photos. Your daughter is so pretty and I love the sentiments you shared. I WANT that tea place near me!! Right up my alley. Those lights!! Perfection. ::sigh::
    Have a great week ahead. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carrie I couldn't agree more about making new blogging friends although I have to apologize about my late reply I guess I don't have notifications set up right. Thank you so much for your kind words.

      Delete
  7. Hi Row! Found you after reading Billie Jo's blog. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.
    Backgammon is one of my favorite games, yet I always seem to lose.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kathleen, thank you so much for stopping by. I adore Billie Jo's Blog! She is a a rare jewel.

      Delete
  8. Hi Carrie, nice to meet you! It's rare but that empty laundry basket does happen from time to time, it's true I've been lucky enough to catch it lol thank you for stopping by and your kind words 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Row! I was just visiting Billie Jo's blog and she mentioned you so I thought I would pop in for a visit :) Welcome to blogging, my dear! I hope you enjoy this beautiful journey and have fun!

    Weekend blessings to you! Hugs! Stephanie - The Enchanting Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie for such a kind welcome. hope you also have a blessed weekend.

      Delete
  10. Hi Row! Your week sounds much like mine. I know just what you mean about getting boys in your photos. It is like I have declared war when I ask mine for a shot! Daughter is much better about it. :) Your daughter is so beautiful! I see you went to Five Guys. We are about to get one here, and it is my sons' favorite hamburger place. Wish we would get my favorite - Shake Shack. Do they have a Shake Shack in your area?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly! So honored you stopped by - Thank you! We don't have a Shake Shack but sounds yummy!

      Delete