Sunday, March 6, 2016

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cookies!
 
Do you bake with your Children? I have always enjoyed cooking and baking with mine. Yesterday to celebrate my son finally feeling better we baked up a batch of  his favorite cookies...Chocolate Chip of course!  A friend of mine asked me to share the recipe so I thought I would also share with you : )
 
This is our go to recipe, so fast and simple.
 
Here's What you will need:

  • 1 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips - (we love our chocolate and add about 1/2 cup more)
  • 1 Teaspoon baking Powder
  • 1/4 Teaspoon salt *omit if your butter has salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
  • 1 & 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
  • 1 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 1/2  Cup Unsalted Butter
  • Handful of Chopped Walnuts (optional)
 Directions:


Cream together cut up butter and brown sugar, add one egg continue mixing-combine well, add vanilla, add/sift together flour, baking powder and *salt (if using), fold in chocolate chips & nuts.


Add by rounded teaspoons to ungreased baking sheet bake @ 325 for 10-13 minutes
*baking temp & times will vary by oven.


makes 3 dozen small cookies.


Enjoy while they last, in our home that's not very long at all.






 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Now that sounds good!
    I'm going to keep this one. : )
    Have a cozy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit late but would love to run over and have a couple cookies! :) I found your blog via Billie Jo and glad I did. I'm a new follower and look forward to getting to know you. I see you're a Texan ~ what area? I'm in the DFW area. So much rain this week ~ I feel we're going to have web feet soon.

    Stop by and say hi when you can!
    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat, Please excuse my late reply, I've been enjoying my family during spring break. We are in El Paso not so very far away. Thank you so much for stopping by and following I look forward to catching up on your blog! : )

      Delete
  3. Me again! :) No problem about responding...life happens and family is #1! I appreciate your visit to my blog but still can't respond via email. You're showing as a "no reply blogger" and I don't see an email addy here on your blog. Anyway, I'm glad you stopped by. Don't you love Jeff Lewis? He can be ditzy at times but he is very talented.

    Have a great week!
    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete