Monday, August 29, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday 8.29.2016

     
Happy Homemaker Monday 8.29.2016


Hello Hope you had a great weekend ours was spent for the most part relaxing but we also got in some shopping, and we also went to what's called Minerpalooza a fun event held by our local university to kick-off the new school year.  We attend most years and this year I got to say was  different very crowded and the music was not my cup of tea, If its got a good beat and my daughter can dance to it and have a good time I am all for it but this year the guys performing  had big time potty mouths. call me old fashioned but is that really necessary? I will never understand it. and again I know you can't shield your children from all these kinds of things but it came to the point where it got pretty vulgar and I said we are outta here!
later that day I had my hubby laughing as I recited a scene from the breakfast club..."God did not put me on this green earth to be awakened by a foul mouth hooligan like you"







linking up with Sandra at Diary Of A Stay At Home Mom http://familycorner.blogspot.com/
Weather...
 Right now its a cool 70 degrees, we have had rain and I am loving it.

On my bedside table...
Books
Rosary
Lotion

On my TV...
 I Watched Toy Story with my son on Saturday morning, You Tube videos with My daughter Sunday, and me and hubby stayed up late and had a movie night at home...got to get those "dates" whenever you can and if that means cuddling up on couch you take it. We have been busy running around and since we have a high school senior, our date budget pretty much goes out the window, but no complaints from us. We picked up some wine (a beer for hubby) chocolate, snacks you know your basic junk food, hubby rented My big fat Greek wedding II and we had a cozy night in. loved everything except the wine I went with the Moscato that was on sale and momma was not happy.  I'm not a wine coinsurer but I should of stuck with what I know which is a very short list of wines I know I like... hum funny how a TV list turned into wine list lol and yes I guess I am cheap wine kind of gal all wines are under $10 If  you like wine please share what you recommend.




 Thinking and pondering:...
 How this world has changed, My daughters school does not hold a Sadie Hawkins dance but today they are having Gender Bender day, My daughter didn't participate but one of her good buddies did, he borrowed one of Bella's blouses then ended up not wearing it-Bellas said boy if he was a girl he would be high maintenance. I am wondering how the day is going for him.

Listening to...
KLOVE,  skipping around on my spotify playlists stuff like Claire de Lune, 80's new wave and  as always The Little Women Soundtrack. I listen to it all year long,



Favorite Youtube Video last week...
I Love Day In The Life Vlogs, They motivate me when I need that little push to get going. I started following Our Farmhouse Life because of a common interest in the fly lady and fell in love with the simple life they live. I wish I had the space she has to hang wash outdoors.


DITL | A Look at My Miracle Morning | Getting Things Done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK8255ghPDM



On the menu for this week...
 Main theme : fly by the seat of my pants! this weeks menu is up in the air, Thanks to a glitch in the SAMS system long story short- automated renewal charged but did not renew card-ugh so with limited time got what I could Thankfully I am set till Wed.

Monday - Spaghetti, salad, toasted french bread
Tuesday - Steaks, butter pasta, corn
Wednesday - Beef tacos, beans & Rice
Thursday
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday -


On my To Do List...
 Routine Cleaning
playing around with Fall décor I say playing because I know I will change things around at least half a dozen times this week.


Looking forward to...
 Seeing my daughter go to Homecoming this week


What I plan on doing for myself this week...
 I never did take that bubble bath but I did get to play in my planner and paint my nails.


Favorite photo...
We went dress shopping this weekend and stopped in White Barn. I fell in love with this display. Those Sunflowers! Me and a Lady were both taking photos of them, She says to me "oh look they are for sale, how much do you think they are?"  I said hum? around $50 BINGO!  I then said bye pretty sunflowers I'll see you at the after the holiday sale lol but now I'm thinking what the heck would I do with those huge flowers anyway. now the candles that's another story. I can never have enough!







 Lesson learned the past few days...
You can't always get what ya want...see above photos
I want ALL the Candles! BBW White Barn, Yankee and Wal-Mart's  too!




Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses...
1 Kings 3:11-14
And God said to him, " Because you have asked this, and have not asked for yourself long life or riches or the life of your enemies, but have asked for yourself understanding to discern what is right, behold I now do according to your word. Behold I give you a wise and discerning mind, so that none like you has been before you and none like you shall arise after you. I give you also what you have not asked, both riches and honor, so that no other king shall compare with you, all your days. And if you will walk in my ways, keeping my statutes and my commandments, as your father David walked, then I will lengthen your days." 
  


8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love those sunflowers as well but yikes on that price! My expensive taste saves us a ton of money, I think. LOL. I'm not a huge wine drinker but sometimes when we are with family I'll have a glass, there's a kind called Cupcake that I don't mind and kind of like. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean, hope your having a great day! oh yes I've had that cupcake brand they are good. thanks for sharing. those sunflowers were even more beautiful in person. thanks for stopping by : )

      Delete
  2. Hey Girl! I haven't tried SkinnyGirl yet but I love Italian Wine - Reisling Moscato or the Apple is great too.
    I haven't tried KLOVE yet so I'll have to get on that...Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY thank you for suggestions and cant wait to hear how you Love KLOVE- I know you will!

      Delete
  3. LOL Love how your cozy night in with a movie segwayed into a wine list. My wine list is small also.

    I can see why you fell in love with that display. Sunflowers are my all time favorite and I use them all through the kitchen.

    Hope your daughter has fun at homecoming and you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tammy! Sunflowers are so pretty! I want to go back to mall just to pop in and see them again lol hope your having a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you have a great week planned. I loved that display too.
    Thank you for coming by and sharing your Bible Study suggestions. I'll look into those groups once I ponder it a little. Thanks alot I'm working on my Fall decorating
    so I can post for the Fabulous Fall Party at my blog.
    Come over and visit and link your Fall posts! Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete