Monday, August 22, 2016

Happy Homemaker 8.22.2016



Happy Homemaker 8.22.2016

Good Morning,
I hope you all had a great week and even better weekend. Other than attending an Award ceremony for our daughter for her Robotics accomplishments We didn't do much which is fine by me. We did get a bit of rain which we loved. We had planned on visiting some family and friends this weekend but Life happens...We actually had a flood warning this Sunday so we couldn't of went out as planned either way. We did have Family Bible Study around the table, I love Church but I love time in the word with my family at home too. it makes my heart smile to see them grow in faith.

linking up with Sandra over at Diary of a stay at home mom
http://familycorner.blogspot.com/




Weather ...
 Not bad, at least a lot cooler and I am loving the rain.


On my bedside table...
 Bible, Devotionals, about five books, and Kindle, my Bath & Body Works  lotion; Sleep. night time tea. Have you tried it? I love the smell.



On my TV...
Me and My daughter watched twilight actually the second one I cant keep track of the titles, She is always so busy with school so it was great to have a little bonding time over the weekend.
Me and hubby watched No Country for old men - Not sure about this one, the main guy was pretty creepy and the ending...Lord I do not like bad endings. :::rolling eyes:::
The family watched One of the star wars episodes again I have no clue my son picked and I watched we also started pay it forward.
Thinking about...
Too many things... Our Daughter is a senior and almost 18 and I feel its all coming at once, senior year, photos, class ring, homecoming, prom,18th birthday, graduation, college. so many events going on at school and in life the days are flying. My Son will be starting his second year My daughter her last of RCIA and I wonder why we waited so long. I miss my family in Ca. We just celebrated my Mother & My oldest sister's birthday. they both have passed and its always bitter sweet. There is so much I want to do. I have to stop, catch my breath and Give it all to God. I know it will all work out in the end.

Listening to...
The birds chirping outside, the sound of a neighbors broom, the dogs are snoring and the fan lightly hums. while the little women soundtrack plays softly in the background of it all.

Favorite Youtube Video last week...
Oh that is a loaded question as I am addicted to YouTube
I enjoy mostly homey videos, I haven't had a chance to watch as much but I did finish one of my favorites...She's in her Apron.
then this morning when I couldn't sleep I found myself watching mug/rug candle mat tutorials. A girl can dream cant she. Someday I'll make one. or most likely buy one hee hee


 On the menu for this week...
I have not been keeping up on my menu plan, mostly because I feel its the same items, but I think its also because I am anxious to start  fall cooking, more soups and lots of baking : )

Monday - Spaghetti, Salad, Garlic Bread
Tuesday - Steaks, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Salad
Wednesday - Chicken...Baked if cool enough
Thursday - Tacos, Beans & Rice
Friday - Pizza or out with family
Saturday - Enchiladas
Sunday - Crock Pot meal

On my To Do List...
Wash
Dust/Windex
Bathrooms
Sweep/Mop
Straighten up garage
Bring in Fall crates and Bring on fall : )
Looking forward to...
Cooler weather, Miner Palooza at our local college, weekend with Family.


What I plan on doing for myself this week...
Oh new question, and what a good one. I hope to have a soak in the tub with lots of bubbles, watch a movie and enjoy a glass of wine. 


From the Camera...
This is My Momma she would of been 74 last Monday. She's been gone 5 years now and I still want to pick up the phone and call her.
We celebrated by making one of her dishes, We made her a cake and sang her Happy Birthday. I planned on writing a whole post but it's still pretty hard.




                             
 
 

Getting ready for todays devotional. I follow Women Living Well and Have Bible Study every Monday - Friday Morning with a fantastic group of ladies on
 Plan.Live.Love Ministries on FB
Come Join us!
 



 Lesson learned the past few days...
I'm continually learning to let Go and let God




                 Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses...
I've always loved Genesis 2; 21-24 I had it including in our wedding, especially...
Genesis 2;3
Then the man said,
"This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of man.
 
  

14 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you are struggling with the loss of your mom right now. What a lovely thing to make her a cake. There is no magic time when it is easier to not have a parent here with us (my mom passed away about 10 years ago and it's been 12 years without my dad). Hope you have a lovely week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean I agree. I know God wants me Happy and my momma does too! so we celebrate her.

      Delete
  2. One day at a time dear sweet Friend. I can tell you're feeling the stress of the business of the time ahead - but you're so right to give it up to Him and it will all work out beautifully. ;) Such exciting business too with your daughter's last year of H.S. Where does the time fly, huh?

    And so sweet about your Mom. She's so beautiful and you sure look just like her. ;) Take your time there too. Grief is different for everybody and can take years...if you're not ready to post more, don't feel pressure...all in your time.

    I love that your do a bible study that way - how does it work to do it through FB?

    I'm so with you - as you know - wanting Fall and different menu and the desire to cook more. Can't wait!!

    Blessings on your week ahead sweet Friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carrie for your sweet words, They are so true.
      I started Bible study with Jen (who has become a wonderful friend) on Periscope and we recently switched over to FB Live, I am a bit Technically challenged so am still getting the hang of things but here is the link- crossing my fingers it works for you because it truly is such a blessing to follow Jen and the wonderful group of ladies I have met though her. We would love to have you. please let me know if you pop in or have any trouble finding us. looking forward to seeing you in group.
      https://www.facebook.com/planlivelove/

      Delete
    2. Thank you my dear Row! I do some things locally, but if I get a chance I will give it a try in the future. I'm so happy that you have found something that works for you. I think enriching our knowledge and sharing in a community of faith like that is so important. And it sure fills the soul! ;) Thanks again Sweetie and blessings to you. xoxo

      Delete
  3. It was nice meeting you today. Thank you for coming over. I love HHM. You have a very nice week planned. I am following you now. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and (((hugs))) ...and I am following you right back ; )

      Delete
  4. It was nice meeting you today. Thank you for coming over. I love HHM. You have a very nice week planned. I am following you now. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you as you grieve...because grief isn't a one day thing. It can take years as we move through all the stages, and it's never really over. It's a journey.
    I'm all about Fall, too. Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanna for your sweet comment : )

      Delete
  6. OH my friend.
    Love and hugs as you continue to grieve your beautiful mother.
    I'm finding that some days I sob with grief because I miss my dad so.
    The dinner and cake is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Billie Jo, I've been there sometimes we just need to let it out. hugs to you.

      Delete
  7. That dinner looks lovely--and that cake! I would love a slice, please. ;)

    I am so sorry about dealing with grief. Grief is such a tricky thing, and it can be overwhelming at times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather, id love to share a piece, How do you like your Coffee??? : )
      Yes grief is not a good thing, but I get past it with god and focusing on the fun memories. Thank you for stopping by.
      have a great week!

      Delete